About Camp Melstone
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Melstone is a seasonal day camp program for girls and boys ages four to thirteen. At Camp Melstone, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun and enriching activities.
Camp Melstone is much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill building, self-confidence and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids.
A Typical Day…
Each day, the camp begins with a morning assembly- a spirited meeting to get campers excited for the day! Campers move on to many activities, both indoor and outdoor; from swimming, gym games, creative arts, nature and adventure and more. Ages 4-6 will partake in a fun and exciting special event on-site each week. Adventure Days are held each week for ages 7-13 where campers will be offered an exciting day trip away from camp. Each week also has a service learning theme where campers will explore different social responsibility activities.
Camp Melstone Highlights:
- Sports, games, arts and crafts, social responsibility and fun all onsite at the Melrose Family YMCA!
- Swimming activities at the YMCA pool.
- Weekly field trips to a variety of local attractions for ages 7-13.
- Weekly onsite special events for campers ages 4-6.
- Specialized Teen Leaders program for our older campers.
- Specialized Mini Melstone program for our younger campers. (Children must be fully potty trained.)
- Weekly camp newsletters with important information and announcements for parents & campers.
- Dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and extensive training.
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Melstone runs for ten, one week sessions from June 17 – August 23. We are open five days a week from 9:00am-4:00pm with opportunities for extended care.
*Camp is closed on Thursday, July 4th.
- Camp: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Extended Care Hours: 7:00am-9:00am; 4:00pm-6:00pm Extended care is offered for $50 per week.
Camp Info Sessions:
Sunday February 10, 10:00am-2:00pm
Sunday March 31, 10:00am-2:00pm
Thursday April 18, 1:00pm-2:00pm
Saturday, May 11, 10:00am-12:00pm*
*Located at the Melrose Y table at Healthy Melrose.
Camp Melstone Rates:
|Age||Family Member||Youth Member||Non-Member|
|ages 4-6-Mini Melstone||$250||$270||$315|
|ages 7-11-Camp Melstone||$220||$250||$305|
|ages 12-15- Teen Leaders||$220||$250||$305|
Camp Melstone Specialty Sessions
Session 1: Creative Creations
Session 2: All About Sports
Session 3: Adventure Days
Session 4: STEAM
Session 5: Swim!
Session 6: Creative Creations
Session 7: All About Sports
Session 8: Adventure Days
Session 9: STEAM
Session 10: SWIM
*Subject to change
Mini Melstone Themes & Adventure Days
Session 1: Theme: Carnival Adventure Day: Carnival Games
Session 2: Theme: Super Hero WeekAdventure Day: Wow Magic!
Session 3: Theme: Party in the USA Adventure Day: Team Relays
Session 4: Theme: Sports Week Adventure Day: Fun Fitness Games
Session 5: Theme: Around the World Adventure Day: ZUMBA!
Session 6: Theme: Wet & Wild Adventure Day: Bubble Man
Session 7: Theme: Farming Fun Adventure Day: Barnyard Babies
Session 8: Theme: Creative Creations Adventure Day: Balloon Artist
Session 9: Theme: Into the Wild Adventure Day: Curious Creatures
Session 10: Theme: STEAM Adventure Day: Obstacle Courses
*Subject to change
A 2019 camp application, health history, and immunization record are mandatory for every camper who attends camp. All paperwork must be on file at the Melrose YMCA two weeks prior to your child attending camp.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by May 31st and is assessed on a first come, first serve basis. More information including application forms and payment plans are available at the YMCA Welcome Center.
For more information about Camp Melstone please contact:
Nick Olivieri, Camp Melstone Co-Director
Stephen Headley, Camp Melstone Co-Director
Melrose Family YMCA Mission:
The Melrose Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Melstone Vision:
Camp Melstone intentionally fosters achievement, relationships and belonging through fun, safe and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Melstone Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all ages.
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for camp life.
- Encourage campers to try new experiences.
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the community.
Camp Melstone complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Board of Health. Parents/Guardians may request copies of background checks, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.