About Camp Eastman
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Eastman at the Torigian Family YMCA is an American Camp Association® (ACA) accredited day camp program for girls and boys ages four to fifteen. At Camp Eastman, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun activities in the great outdoors.
Camp Eastman is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill building, self-confidence and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids. Join us, adventure awaits!
A Typical Day… Each day, the camp begins with a morning assembly- a spirited meeting to get campers excited for the day! Here we sing songs and make special announcements. Campers move on to many activities, both indoor and outdoor; from swimming, gym games, arts & crafts, nature & adventure and more. Campers will have the option to attend regular Adventure Days, an exciting day trip away from camp. Each week also has a service learning theme where campers will explore different social responsibility activities.
*Detailed Adventure Day destinations, theme weeks and social responsibility activity information are posted prior to the summer session.
Camp Eastman Highlights:
- Acres of woodlands with nature trails and outdoor play areas.
- Designated adventure areas with low ropes challenges, rock climbing, and archery.
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
- Plenty of outdoor play space including a playground, basketball and volleyball courts.
- Air-conditioned, indoor facilities including a full court gymnasium, fitness studios and several additional classrooms for dance and arts.
- Boston’s Children’s Hospital lecture series including presentations on Bullying Prevention, Nutrition and Sports Safety.
- Weekly Camp Email with important information and announcements for parents & campers.
- Dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and extensive training.
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Eastman runs for eleven, one week sessions from June 19 – September 1. We are open five days a week from 9:00am-4:00pm with opportunities for extended morning and after camp care.
*There is no camp on Tuesday, July 4th.
- Camp: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Before Camp: 7:00am-9:00am*
- After Camp: 4:00pm-6:00pm*
*Before & after camp care are offered for $30 per session, per week.
Open House & Tour: Saturday, April 29, 2016
Camp Eastman Rates:
|Age||Family Members||Youth Members||Non-Members|
|Teen Leader 1||$215||$235||$260|
|Teen Leader 2
(campers returning fora second summer as a teen leader)
*Teen Leader 2: Campers returning for a second summer as a Team Leader.
A 2017 camp application, auto draft authorization, health history, annual physical exam and immunization record are mandatory for every camper who attends camp.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by May 31st and is on a first come, first serve basis. More information including application forms and payment plans are available at the YMCA Welcome Center.
For more information please contact:
Torigian Family YMCA Mission:
The Torigian Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Eastman Vision:
Camp Eastman intentionally fosters achievement, relationships and belonging through fun, safe and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Eastman Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all ages.
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Encourage campers to try new experiences.
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the community.
Camp Eastman complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Peabody Board of Health. Parents/Guardians may request copies of background checks, health care and discipline policies as well as procedures for filing grievances.