About Camp Eastman
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Eastman at the Torigian Family YMCA is a seasonal day camp program for girls and boys ages four to fifteen. At Camp Eastman, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun activities in the great outdoors.
Camp Eastman is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill building, self-confidence and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids. Join us, adventure awaits!
A Typical Day… Each day, the camp begins with a morning assembly- a spirited meeting to get campers excited for the day! Here, we sing songs and make special announcements. Campers move on to many activities, both indoor and outdoor; from swimming, gym games, arts & crafts, nature & adventure and more. Campers will have the option to attend regular Adventure Days, an exciting day trip away from camp. Each week also has a service learning theme where campers will explore different social responsibility activities.
*Detailed Adventure Day destinations, theme weeks and social responsibility activity information are posted prior to the summer session.
Camp Eastman Highlights:
- Acres of woodlands with nature trails and outdoor play areas.
- Designated adventure areas with low ropes challenges, rock climbing, and archery.
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Plus, an outdoor splash pad!
- Plenty of outdoor play space including a playfield, basketball and volleyball courts.
- Air-conditioned indoor facilities including a full court gymnasium, fitness studios and several additional classrooms for dance and arts.
- Lecture series including presentations on Bullying Prevention, Nutrition and Sports Safety.
- Weekly camp email with important information and announcements for parents & campers.
- Dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and extensive training.
NEW SUMMER 2019
Adventure Camp: July 1st-3rd
Experience nature in a whole new way! Learn new skills on how to take and survive a nature adventure! From digging sleeping holes, rock wall climbing, setting up a campsite to hiking and navigation! Brand new Summer 2019 at Camp Eastman!
Sports Camp: August 5th-9th
Camp Eastman would like to select with the first overall pick…you! Join our brand new Sports Camp which will include introduction to a new sport each day of the week from proper weight/cardio training, learning skills for each sport and engaging in a full game at the end of each day! You will play basketball, soccer, hockey, football, and track and field!
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Eastman runs for eleven, one week sessions from June 17– August 30. We are open five days a week from 8:30am-4:00pm with opportunities for extended care.
*There is no camp on Thursday, July 4th.
- Camp: 8:30am-4:00pm
- Early Care: 7:00am-8:30am*
- Extended Care: 4:00pm-6:00pm*
*Early & extended camp care are offered for $30 per session, per week.
Open House & Tour:
Interactive Camp Day: March 23 12:00pm-2:00pm
Healthy Kids Day: April 27 12:00pm-2:00pm
Camp Eastman Rates:
|Age||Family Members||Youth Members||Non-Members|
|Teen Initiative 1st Year||$215||$245||$275|
|Teen Initiative 2nd Year||$110||$140||$170|
|Specialty Camp: Adventure||$225||$255||$285|
Please Note: $30 non-refundable deposit per week is due at registration
A 2019 camp application, auto draft authorization, recent photo, health history, annual physical exam and immunization record are mandatory for every camper who attends camp.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by May 31 and are assessed a first come, first serve basis. More information including application forms and payment plans are available at the YMCA Welcome Center.
For more information please contact:
Mike Parrott, Camp Eastman Director
DJ Fimiani, Camp Eastman Director of Programs
Torigian Family YMCA Mission:
The Torigian Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Eastman Vision:
Camp Eastman intentionally fosters achievement, relationships and belonging through fun, safe and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Eastman Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all ages.
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Encourage campers to try new experiences.
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the community.
Camp Eastman complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Peabody Board of Health.