About Camp Sachem
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Sachem at the Saugus Family YMCA is a day camp program for girls and boys ages four to fifteen. At Camp Sachem, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun activities in the great outdoors.
Camp Sachem is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill building, self-confidence and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids.
A Typical Day…
Each day, the camp begins with a morning meeting at campers’ designated space in the camp grove. Here campers learn what their schedule is for the day, listen to special announcements, and get ready for the fun-filled day ahead of them. Campers move on to many activities from swimming, field games, arts & crafts, nature and adventure, and more! Each camp day ends with an all camp ceremony for announcements, awards, and other special activities. Adventure Days are held each week where campers will either travel away from camp for an exciting day trip or engage in a special in-camp event. Each week also has a special event and social responsibility theme where campers will explore different games, projects, and activities to gain insight and hands-on experience learning about the themes.
*Detailed Adventure Day destinations, theme weeks, and social responsibility activity information are available online and at the Welcome Center!
Learn about our NEW Young Explorers Program for ages 4-5!
Camp Sachem Highlights:
- Acres of woodlands with nature trails and designated low ropes challenges & archery range.
- Outdoor pool center with splash pad, playground and picnic areas.
- Plenty of outdoor play space including a playground, basketball courts, and gaga pit.
- Air-conditioned, indoor facilities including a full court gymnasium, fitness studio, and additional classrooms for art projects.
- Weekly Camp Email with important information and announcements for parents & campers.
- Dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and extensive training.
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Sachem runs for eleven, one week sessions from June 19 – September 1. We are open five days a week from 9:00am-4:00pm with opportunities for extended morning and after camp care.
*There is no camp on Tuesday, July 4th.
- Camp: 9:00am-4:00pm
- Before Camp: 7:00am-9:00am*
- After Camp: 4:00pm-6:00pm*
*Before & after camp care are offered for $25 per session, per week.
Open House & Tours:
Saturday, May 6, 2017 10:00am-12:00pm
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:00pm-7:00pm
Camp Sachem Rates:
|Ages||Family Members||Youth Members||Non-Members|
|Young Explorers (ages4-5)||$235||$255||$285|
|Teen Leader (ages 12-15)||$205||$225||$260|
A 2017 camp application, auto draft authorization, health history, annual physical exam and immunization record are mandatory for every camper who attends camp.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by May 31st and is on a first come, first serve basis. More information including application forms and payment plans are available at the YMCA Welcome Center.
For more information please contact:
Saugus Family YMCA Mission:
The Saugus Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Sachem Vision:
Camp Sachem intentionally fosters achievement, relationships and belonging through fun, safe and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Sachem Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all ages.
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Encourage campers to try new experiences.
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the community.
Camp Sachem complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Saugus Board of Health. Parents/Guardians may request camp policies at any time.
For more information please contact the email@example.com at 781-233-9622 ext. 518