Lynn Child Care Programs
The Lynn YMCA is committed to youth development. We believe every child and teen deserves the chance to reach his or her full potential. We offer licensed Early Leaning and Out-Of-School Time programs, summer programs, drop-in programs and other activities to give children of all ages a safe and nurturing place to learn, grow, and thrive. By focusing on the positive development of our local children, the Y is working to bring about lasting, meaningful change in our communities.
The Lynn YMCA Early Learning Program for Preschoolers delivers high quality early education and care to support children’s development cognitively, socially, emotionally and physically. Our program provides each child a warm and supportive environment where they can confidently learn, grow, and thrive.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 7:30am-6:00pm
Our program offers a well-rounded daily schedule full of activities that are customized to your child’s individual age, needs and progress. Daily activities include:
- Pre-k Science, Technology and Engineering activities, which provide a foundation for inquiry and learning through formal and informal learning.
- A primary educator/teacher approach focusing on smaller learning groups and specifically gearing plans to the developmental needs of the children in each group.
- Arts activities to inspire creativity and imagination.
- Curriculum which aligns with MA Early Childhood Program Standards.
- Nutritious snacks and plenty of physical activity in alignment with the YMCA Healthy Eating and Physical Activity HEPA (Healthy Eating, Physical Activity) standards.
- Events to help support and strengthen families and communities.
Beyond the Classroom Experience:
- Dedicated time for interactive music every week.
- Access to full gymnasium for physical activities.
- Swim lessons provided year-round at the Lynn YMCA indoor pool.
- KidReports communication system which allows our teacher to capture special moments, take photos and videos of your children in action and send daily classroom information via email.
- Financial Aid available.
- All children receive a youth membership to the YMCA of Metro North!
For more information contact:
Early Learning Program Director
As a leader in youth development, the Lynn YMCA serves children ages 5-13 on a daily basis providing safe, quality and affordable Out-Of-School Time care. Our program is staffed with educators who understand the cognitive, physical, and social development of children; and we support them in making new connections and trying new things. While in the Out-of-School Time program, children learn how to be their best selves and to develop confidence in becoming the responsible and engaged adults of tomorrow. Transportation is provided from local schools.
While in our program children will participate in a variety of engaging activities:
- Homework & Academic Support by caring staff to complement their in school education.
- Plenty of physical activity in alignment with the YMCA’s HEPA (Healthy Eating, Physical Activity) standards.
- Enriching STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) activities.
- Personal choice time to encourage free play and individual interests.
The Lynn YMCA CORE Youth Center program is a drop in center for youth members in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Please note, a kindergarten report card is required to enroll. Monthly registration is required. In order to reserve a spot, the monthly fee must be paid in full. We are a drop-in center which means your child can leave the program and at times youth may move through the building without direct supervision. Youth must possess a minimum level of independence to be part of the program.
- We offer an affordable, safe and positive environment for youth after school.
- Your child will be involved in organized activities, clubs, games and craft projects.
- Our staff goes through an intensive orientation period and background checks.
- Staff members are certified in First Aid & CPR.
- Youth are grouped according to grade level in clusters of approximately 35 kids.
- It is the parent/guardians responsibility to provide a wholesome snack. Please no soda or fast-food.
- There is the opportunity for recreational swim for all children. Please send a bathing suit, towel, and swim cap.
For more information please contact the Welcome Center at 781-581-3105.
School aged children will enjoy a fun, active and enriching variety of physical and recreational activities in our full day School’s Out program! This fully licensed program provides a healthy snack and plenty of options for your child to learn, grow and thrive while away from school on summer break.
Child Watch is a babysitting service we offer to our members so that they can bring their young children to the Y while they enjoy our fitness programs. Members utilizing this service must remain in the YMCA at all time.
Child Watch Hours
Family Members: FREE!