Lynn Academy Facts
Y Academy – Lynn
The Lynn Y Academy offers a safe, stable and nurturing environment to children 2.9 years old to age 5. Our Early Learning programs are fully licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and have received NAEYC accreditation.
We embrace a family-centered philosophy encouraging family interaction and regular visits with teachers to discuss your child’s development. Children are assigned a Primary Caregiver Teacher who works directly with the child each day providing personal and individualized attention. Small class sizes and low ratios allow each child to be seen as a special individual. Our teachers hold a degree in Early Childhood Education, a related field or are currently working toward a degree. Our staff is also encouraged to further their professional growth through continuing education programs.
Jacklyn Schindler, Early Learning Program Director
Hours of Operation: Monday -Friday 7:30am-6:00pm
- Daily Reports to inform you of your child’s day
- Specialized enrichment programs including yoga, swimming and sports at the Lynn YMCA
- Science Lab offering S.T.E.A.M curriculum for all ages
- Music offered to all age groups weekly by an instructor with a Master’s Degree in Music Therapy
- Peanut and nut free environment
- Age appropriate playgrounds and equipment
- YMCA Youth Membership to the YMCA of Metro North included with enrollment!
- Financial Aid available
Beyond the classroom experience:
- Family nights allow families a time and a place to come together to have a good time, participate in a variety of fun activities, share, communicate and strengthen their relationships, and meet other families.
- Kids Night Out at the YMCA is your chance to enjoy your own time. We offer an affordable and fun Friday night childcare option for your child every other month. Your child will play games and sports, and exercise their creativity with arts and crafts. The Y will provide your child with a pizza dinner, snacks, and drinks.
Child Care Registrar