About Camp Sachem
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Sachem at the Saugus Family YMCA is a day camp program for girls and boys ages four to fifteen. At Camp Sachem, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun activities in the great outdoors.
Camp Sachem is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill building, self-confidence and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids.
Join us, adventure awaits!
A Typical Day…
Each day, the camp begins with a morning meeting at campers’ designated space in the camp grove. Here campers learn what their schedule is for the day, listen to special announcements, and get ready for the fun-filled day ahead of them. Campers move on to many activities from swimming, field games, arts & crafts, nature and adventure, and more! Each camp day ends with an all camp ceremony for announcements, awards, and other special activities. Adventure Days are held each week where campers will either travel away from camp for an exciting day trip or engage in a special in-camp event. Each week also has a special event and social responsibility theme where campers will explore different games, projects, and activities to gain insight and hands-on experience learning about the themes.
2020 Adventure Day and Camp Theme Schedule
Learn about our Young Explorers Program for ages 4-5!
Camp Sachem Highlights:
- Conquer low ropes courses, experience a variety of guided outdoor activities, and test accuracy during archery lessons.
- Weekly off-site field trips or in-camp adventure days!
- Outdoor pool center with splash pad, playground, and picnic areas.
- Indoor alternative facilities including a full court gymnasium, fitness studio, and classrooms for STEAM activities.
- Weekly camp newsletter with important information and announcements for parents and campers.
- Dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and training.
- A transitional program for our youngest campers to gain all the benefits that Camp Sachem has to offer without the overwhelming nature of being outdoors throughout the day.
- Campers will arrive indoors in a more relaxed environment away from the rest of the camp where they will have a morning meeting with their group to prepare for the day.
- Campers will participate in all events and activities that make Camp Sachem special, such as low ropes, nature hikes, team building activities, and weekly special events in an age-appropriate environment.
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Sachem runs for eleven, one week sessions from June 22 – September 4. We are open five days a week from 8:30am-4:00pm with opportunities for extended morning and after camp care.
*There is no camp on Friday, July 3rd.
- Camp: 8:30am-4:00pm
- Before Camp: 7:00am-8:30am*
- After Camp: 4:00pm-6:00pm*
*Before camp care are offered for $25 per session, per week.
*After camp care are offered for $30 per session, per week.
February 19, 10:00am-12:00pm+
April 25, Healthy Kids Day, 12:30pm-2:00pm
May 17, 11:00am-1:00pm
June 6, Camp Kick-Off! (tours, information, orientation)
Camp Sachem Rates:
|Ages||Family Members||Youth Members||Non-Members|
|Young Explorers (ages4-5)||$250||$270||$315|
|CIT (ages 12-15)||$210||$230||$275|
*Sibling discount: 15% off for each additional child in the same household.
All forms and documentation are due at the time of registration. A 2020 camp application, auto draft authorization, health history, annual physical exam and immunization record are mandatory for every camper.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by March 31st and are assessed on a first come, first serve basis. More information including application forms and payment plans are available at the YMCA Welcome Center.
Saugus Family YMCA Mission:
The Saugus Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Sachem Vision:
Camp Sachem intentionally fosters achievement, relationships and belonging through fun, safe and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Sachem Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all ages.
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Encourage campers to try new experiences.
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the community.
Camp Sachem complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Saugus Board of Health.
For more information please contact the email@example.com at 781-233-9622 ext. 535