Lynn Y Academy Early Learning Program
The Lynn Y Academy is committed to youth development. We believe every child and teen deserves the chance to reach his or her full potential. We offer licensed Early Leaning and Out-Of-School Time programs, summer programs, drop-in programs and other activities to give children of all ages a safe and nurturing place to learn, grow, and thrive. By focusing on the positive development of our local children, the Y is working to bring about lasting, meaningful change in our communities.
The Lynn Y Academy Early Learning Program for Preschoolers delivers high quality early education and care to support children’s development cognitively, socially, emotionally and physically. Our program provides each child a warm and supportive environment where they can confidently learn, grow, and thrive.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Our program offers a well-rounded daily schedule full of activities that are customized to your child’s individual age, needs and progress. Daily activities include:
- Pre-k Science, Technology and Engineering activities, which provide a foundation for inquiry and learning through formal and informal learning.
- A primary educator/teacher approach focusing on smaller learning groups and specifically gearing plans to the developmental needs of the children in each group.
- Arts activities to inspire creativity and imagination.
- Curriculum which aligns with MA Early Childhood Program Standards.
- Nutritious snacks and plenty of physical activity in alignment with the YMCA Healthy Eating and Physical Activity HEPA (Healthy Eating, Physical Activity) standards.
- Events to help support and strengthen families and communities.
Beyond the Classroom Experience:
- Dedicated time for interactive music every week.
- Access to full gymnasium for physical activities.
- Swim lessons provided year-round at the Lynn YMCA indoor pool.
- KidReports communication system which allows our teacher to capture special moments, take photos and videos of your children in action and send daily classroom information via email.
- Financial Aid available.
- All children receive a youth membership to the YMCA of Metro North!
1. Does my child have to be potty trained?
We are able to work with families to potty train their children. Pull-ups are acceptable. Teachers are able change the children ever couple hours or as soon as they are wet. Once children are ready we work with them, and you, to transition them to underwear.
2. Are meals included?
The Lynn Y Academy Early Learning Program does provide breakfast. Families must provide lunch and two afternoon snacks for their child. We do not have the necessary equipment to heat meals up or refrigerate them. Our recommendation is putting a hot meal in a thermos to keep it warm or putting an ice pack with a cold lunch to keep it cool.
3. What do I bring for my child?
Please provide two extra sets of clothing, lunch and afternoon snacks, a blanket for rest time, and swimsuit/water shoes on swim lesson days.
4. How are the classrooms divided?
Students are broken into separate age groups for their learning time in classrooms. The rooms consist of ages 2.9-3.5, 3.5 to 4.0, 4.0-4.5, and 4.5-5.0.
5. What are the qualifications of the Y Academy Early Learning Program teachers?
All staff are EEC teacher qualified or EEC lead teacher qualified. YMCA childcare staff are also required to have 20 hours of professional development each year. It is also a requirement of the YMCA that staff are CPR certified.
6. What are your teacher to child ratios and classroom sizes?
We maintain a 10:1 ratio with our teachers and students at all times. Of the four classrooms we have there are three with 20 spots and one with 17 spots per day.
7. What are you hours?
The Y Academy Early Learning Program is open Monday through Friday from 7:30am-6:00pm.
8. What is the latest time I can drop off my child/children?
There is no official cut off time, however, we do encourage families to drop off at the program no later than 9:00am as essential learning takes place at this time and we don’t want any children to miss out.
8. Are toys from home allowed in the program?
We are not able to allow toys from home unless it is a comfort animal such as a stuffed bear. The Lynn YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items that children bring in from home.