Get Back on Track with our Kick the Sugar Challenge
If your health and nutrition have taken a backseat over the past couple months, let us help you get back on track and start your summer off feeling great!
Join the Challenge Monday June 1 – Sunday June 14
A virtual seminar will be held on Wednesday, May 27 so that you will have time to grocery shop and prepare for the two-week challenge. Participants must attend the seminar or view the video before the challenge begins on June 1. You will be provided with a list of acceptable and non-acceptable foods, and receive daily educational and motivational emails that will include recipes that are simple and easy to prepare. You will also have access to a private Facebook group where you have the opportunity to discuss your experience and share recipe ideas with fellow participants.
No More Sweet Stuff!
- Lose unwanted pounds
- Eliminate energy spikes and crashes throughout the day
- Reduce or eliminate your cravings for sweets
- Improve your overall health and resistance to disease and illnesses
FREE for YMCA of Metro North Members!
Registration for this challenge is free, however a donation to our Community Emergency Fund will be gratefully accepted.
Did you know that sugar has been linked to:
- Suppressed immune system
- Elevated triglycerides, increased LDL & VLDL (“bad” cholesterols), lowered HDL (“good” cholesterols)
- Hypoglycemia, metabolic syndrome and ultimately, diabetes
- An increased rate of aging
- A vicious cycle of sugar cravings, which can negatively affect mood and lead to depression
- Several types of cancer
This program is for you if:
- You’re a healthy adult over 18 or joining the program with a parent
- You have no known medical conditions
- You’re tired of quick fix diets and are looking for a lasting lifestyle change
- You hate counting calories