After a long 15 months, public health officials are lifting the indoor and outdoor mask mandates on fully vaccinated people across the state. This is welcome news for our staff and members. Thank you for keeping each other safe and for staying with us. The YMCA of Metro North will update our mask policies for using our facilities beginning Saturday, May 29.
Masked or Vaxxed: Be smart to stay safe
- Masks are no longer required to enter YMCA of Metro North fitness facilities.
- For fully vaccinated people, masks are optional, but we encourage everyone to wear a mask indoors for their continued health and safety.
- For non-vaccinated adults, it is strongly recommended by the Y and by health experts that they continue to wear a mask for protection against the coronavirus.
- Children under age 12 will continue to be required to wear a mask while inside the Y.
- In licensed child care programs, children ages 5 and above and staff continue to be required by state and local officials to wear masks while inside at a licensed child care center or day camp.
- The YMCA of Metro North will not require proof of vaccination for members to enjoy our indoor fitness facilities, pools, and gymnasiums.
- These new guidelines will be updated as more information and guidance from public health officials is available.
Our Y is a diverse community made up of people of all ages, abilities, health conditions, and backgrounds. We will not tolerate the harassment of any member or staff person for their choice in whether or not they need to wear a mask – or their vaccination status. We are relying on people to be responsible and care about each other’s health and safety. Please show respect for staff and members at all times.
We are coming back, and better than ever, thanks to you. We are asking members to please be patient as we ramp our facilities back up and bring more amenities online.
- The association will no longer require pool, gymnasium, or child watch reservations beginning May 29.
- Steam rooms and saunas will open July 1.
- Hours of operation will be adjusted based on facility demand.
Thank you for your cooperation and your support.