About Camp Sachem
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Sachem at the Saugus Family YMCA is a day camp program for children ages four to fifteen. At Camp Sachem, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun activities in the great outdoors.
Camp Sachem is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill building, self-confidence and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids.
Join us, adventure awaits!
Download the 2021 Camp Registration Form!
A Typical Day
Each day, parents/guardians will say goodbye to their campers at their designated drop-off location where a pre-screening will be conducted. Staff will escort campers from their cars to their home base to greet their counselors and other group members. Camp then begins with small group assemblies – spirited meetings to get campers excited for the day ahead! Campers move on to many activities from swimming, field games, arts & crafts, nature and adventure walks, and more! Each camp day ends with a ceremony for announcements, awards, and other special activities. Each week has a social responsibility theme where campers will explore different games, projects, and activities to gain insight and hands-on experience learning about the themes.
Camp Sachem Highlights:
- Conquer challenges, experience a variety of guided outdoor activities including low ropes courses, and engage in stimulating summer learning loss fun!
- Plenty of outdoor play space including a playground, basketball court, and gaga pit.
- Outdoor pool center with splash pad, playground, and picnic areas.
- Indoor alternative facilities including a full court gymnasium, fitness studio, and classrooms for STEAM activities.
- NEW! Participation in our community garden project from planting, maintenance, and the health and wellness benefits that come from learning about and engaging in this process.
- Weekly camp newsletter with important information and announcements for parents & campers.
- Dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and extensive training.
- A transitional program for our youngest campers to gain all the benefits that Camp Sachem has to offer without the overwhelming nature of being outside 100% of the time.
- Campers will arrive in a more relaxed environment where they will have a morning meeting with their group to prepare for the day.
- Campers will participate in all the events and activities that make Camp Sachem special such as low ropes, nature hikes, team building activities, and service learning themes but in an age-appropriate environment.
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Sachem runs for one week sessions from June 21 through September 3. We are open five days a week from 8:30am-4:00pm.
*There is no camp on Monday, July 5th.
Camp Virtual Open House Dates:
Camp Sachem Rates:
|Ages||Family Members||Youth Members||Non-Members|
|Young Explorers (ages 4-5)||$260||$280||$330|
$30 non-refundable deposit per week is due at registration.
Sibling discount: 15% off for each additional child in the same household.
Virtual information sessions led by Camp Sachem administration will be held each month, January through May 2021. For more information please submit a camp inquiry request online.
All forms and documentation are due at the time of registration. A 2021 camp registration form, most recent physical & immunization record, recent photo, and auto-draft form are mandatory for every camper. All materials can be emailed to email@example.com.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by May 31st and is on a first come, first serve basis. You can apply for financial assistance online. Specific questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Camp Week||Dates||Theme||Social Responsibility Theme||Dress Up Day
|Week 1||June 21-June 25||Welcome Week||Working Together||Core Value Colors|
|Week 2||June 28-July 2||Nature Adventures||Caring for the Environment||Earth Tones|
|Week 3||July 6-July 9||Super Heroes||Everyday Heroes||Real Life or Movie Heroes|
|Week 4||July 12-July 16||Game Show Frenzy||Respecting Our Differences||Neon|
|Week 5||July 19-July 23||Color Wars||Random Acts of Kindness||Red or Yellow|
|Week 6||July 26-July 30||Sensational Science||Disability Awareness||Wacky Hair and Values|
|Week 7||August 2-August 6||Epoch Exploration||Cultural Awareness||Around the World|
|Week 8||August 9-August 13||Olympics||Hunger Awareness||Athletes|
|Week 9||August 16-August 20||Camp Sachem Carnival||Healthy Living||Clowns|
|Week 10||August 23-August 27||Animal Mania||Endangered Species||Animals|
|Week 11||August 30-Sept. 3||Summer Celebration||Friendship||Luau|
*There is no camp on Monday, July 5.
Saugus Family YMCA Mission:
The Saugus Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Sachem Vision:
Camp Sachem intentionally fosters achievement, relationships and belonging through fun, safe and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Sachem Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all ages.
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Encourage campers to try new experiences.
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the community.
- Prevent summer learning loss with reading curriculum.
Camp Sachem complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Saugus Board of Health.