New Lynn YMCA Site Progress
Project Time Lapse Video
Construction Site Progress Updates
- February 2020 – The structure of the building starts to take shape on Neptune Blvd. in Lynn
- October 2019– Steel arrives to set the framework of our new 70,000 square foot facility!
- May 2019– The concrete for the foundation of our new 70,000 square foot YMCA has been poured! The new Lynn YMCA will support the changing landscape in Lynn and will be focused on Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. Watch Here!
- April 2019– The dirt at the site of the Lynn project had to be removed and brought to a dumping ground that manages this type of product. Once that is done, the foundation leveling can continue. The estimated completion date is summer 2020.
- February 2019– The front parking lot is closed and fenced in. The asphalt is being torn out and loads of dirt will be put there to weight the land for the foundation. The approximate timeline for the laying of the foundation on the former front parking lot is this March. Members are able to park in the back lot on Blossom St. and enter through the front door of the building during construction.
- October 2018– Governor Charlie Baker visited the Lynn YMCA on Wednesday, October 18 to announce that the Lynn YMCA was selected to be a recipient of the MassWorks program. Out of 102 applicants, only 40 were selected to receive funding. $4.8 million was awarded to the Lynn YMCA, which will support the plans to reconfigure the roads and the traffic island in front of the current Y building.
For updates on the New Lynn YMCA site progress please subscribe to our mailing list here. You can also follow our progress on social media! #NewLynnYMCA