DO SOMETHING GOOD
As a YMCA volunteer, your time and talent goes a long way. Even with our branches closed, there are still ways you can support your community through the Y as a Virtual Volunteer. Whether you’re from Lynn, Peabody, Melrose, Saugus, Stoneham, or beyond— your efforts, guidance, and connections are greatly needed during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
Learn more about the ways in which you can get involved! Current opportunities are below. You can also complete an inquiry form, or reach out to an Executive Director at your local branch.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
(Last updated May 27, 2020)
Sign up for one of our fundraising Road Races and spread the word on social media. The next one is Stride with Pride Virtual 5k!
Camp Clean Up at Camp Eastman, June 1-5th. Sign up below, or see the flyer for more details: Camp Eastman Clean Up Day Details
Sign up to give blood at the Torigian Family YMCA blood drive on June 6th which has some times available. Look up the drive by zip code (01960) and scroll to find the Peabody YMCA listing on June 6th.
Support our Diaper Drive! Bring Diapers, Wipes & Formula to one of our branches or help deliver them to people in need.
You and your family can write a letter, draw a picture, write a poem, or complete a coloring page, and the Y will mail them to a local senior citizen in your community. If you would like to help us support our elders and brighten someone’s day, you can drop off or mail your letter, poem, or picture to your local branch, or email us for questions.
Interested in getting involved but not sure where to start? Here are some ways you can help us, even from home!
- Support ‘drive’ efforts to collect basic necessities and more as needs are identified for distribution
- Keep us apprised of needs in your community and how the Y can help
- Write letters and draw pictures to isolated Senior members
- Raise awareness through social media related to YMCA efforts and services
- Weed YMCA Garden Beds
- Clean up Camp grounds & support outdoor facility repairs
- Provide feedback on facility changes towards Health & Safety changes when we re-open our doors
- Contacting elected officials to advocate for policies’ that support the Y and nonprofit efforts
- Raise awareness around fundraising efforts, campaigns, and events
- Support marketing efforts through social media engagement and story collecting
- Provide YMCA of Metro North leadership with specific guidance, expertise, & services
- Current needs: virtual technology, chronic disease prevention, public health, and safety
- Serve on a local advisory board or corporate board
Other Volunteer Support
- Contact us to tell us more!
To get started contact your branch Executive Director or fill out our Volunteer Interest Form!