Membership at the Y
Your Membership Matters.
When you join the Y, you are not only joining the gym. You are joining a diverse community of people dedicated to healthy living, youth development, and social responsibility. The Y is a place where your membership makes a difference and supports the health and wellness of others. Every day we give back to our community. Our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child, or when neighbors come together for the common good. The YMCA of Metro North is for everyone — at every age, stage, and ability. Join today and help our community thrive.
When you join the Y you belong to a place where:
- Families come together to have fun and spend quality time with each other.
- Individuals discover personal strength through exercise and healthy living.
- Parents find a positive environment for children to learn good values, social skills, and behaviors.
- Children and teens play, learn who they are and what they can achieve, and are accepted.
- Adults connect with friends and pursue their interests.
- Communities thrive because neighbors support each other and give back.
- We all build relationships that further our sense of belonging and purpose.
The YMCA of Metro North is a leading Massachusetts-based nonprofit organization providing health, fitness, and youth development opportunities to the nearly 60,000 individuals it serves annually.
When you join the Y, you are not just a member of a facility. You are part of a cause dedicated to strengthening our community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The YMCA of Metro North offers several membership categories to meet the needs of the communities we serve.
- Youth: Ages 13 and under
- Teen: Ages 14-18
- Young Adult: Ages 19-26
- Adult: Ages 27-64
- Adult Couple: Two adults residing in the same household.
- Senior: Ages 65+
- Senior Couple: Two seniors residing in the same household.
- Family: Up to four adults residing in the same household with children age 26 and under. Learn more about flexible family and household memberships.
- Y Connect Virtual: A virtual membership is an online only membership that does not enable branch access.
- Impact Membership: An impact membership is a donation based membership that supports the Y’s financial assistance scholarship program. This membership is perfect for those want to stay connected to the Y community, but are not actively using the facilities.
At the Y, there are no long-term contracts which makes joining low pressure and high pleasure.
Hundreds of FREE Group Fitness classes
Your membership includes access to hundreds of Group Fitness classes at all of our locations including TRX, Yoga, Barre, Group Cycle, Zumba and so much more. View Schedules
FREE Child Watch for family members
Work out, swim or take a yoga class knowing that your kids are safe and sound in our Child Watch area at no charge for Family Members.
FREE Jumpstart fitness orientations
Enjoy a FREE 60-minute personal training coaching session to jumpstart your member experience at the Y. During your Jumpstart orientation, our trained staff will discuss your personal goals and familiarize yourself with our equipment and offerings. Submit an inquiry to schedule your appointment.
YMCA of Metro North App
Enjoy the benefits of registering for group exercise classes on the go. The YMCA of Metro North app is available in the App Store and on Google Play. Download the app to make reservations, follow your favorite instructors, stream virtual classes, and be a part of the YMCA’s growing digital community!
FREE family and community events
There is always something happening at the Y. Our branches host regular events designed to bring our families and communities together.
Priority program registration and discounted rates
Being a member means early access to sign up for your favorite programs. It also means deep discounts on our year round offerings, seasonal pools, and summer camp.
FREE discount codes and reduced rates on tickets to local attractions
Health insurance discounts and reimbursements
Many local insurance plans offer a fitness benefit reimbursement. Contact your health insurance provider to find out how you can save up to $150 on your annual membership dues.
Unlimited access to all YMCA of Metro North facilities
Take advantage of your options! As a member of the YMCA of Metro North you are able to enjoy unlimited access to all of our branches and their amenities.
Get Two Weeks for $28 to any YMCA of Metro North branch including the new Demakes Family YMCA in Lynn. New aquatics center with indoor splash pad, gymnasium with regulation basketball court, fully-equipped fitness center, indoor track, 40+ group exercise classes, cycling studio, healthy cafe, health center, technology access center, adventure zone agility course, and more. Sign up and redeem your pass today.
One trial available per household in a calendar year.
VIRTUAL YMCA MEMBERSHIP
$15 PER MONTH. NO JOINER’S FEE. NO COMMITMENT.
The Y is committed to helping everyone achieve their full potential. Financial assistance, to the extent possible, is available through our ACCESS Member Program for those residing in the communities we serve that need assistance paying for the full cost of a YMCA program or membership.