About Camp Eastman
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Eastman at the Torigian Family YMCA is a seasonal day camp program for girls and boys ages four to fifteen. At Camp Eastman, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun activities in the great outdoors.
Camp Eastman is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill building, self-confidence and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids. Join us, adventure awaits!
A Typical Day… Each day, the camp begins with a morning assembly- a spirited meeting to get campers excited for the day! Here, we sing songs and make special announcements. Campers move on to many activities, both indoor and outdoor; from swimming, gym games, arts & crafts, nature & adventure and more. Each week also has a service learning theme where campers will explore different social responsibility activities.
Camp Eastman Highlights:
- Acres of woodlands with nature trails and outdoor play areas.
- Designated adventure areas with low ropes challenges, rock climbing, and archery.
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Plus, an outdoor splash park!
- Plenty of outdoor play space, including a playfield, basketball and volleyball courts.
- Air-conditioned indoor facilities including a full court gymnasium, fitness studios and several additional classrooms for dance and arts.
- Lecture series including presentations on Bullying Prevention, Nutrition and Sports Safety.
- Weekly camp email with important information and announcements for parents & campers.
- Dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and extensive training.
- In-camp adventures for children ages 4-6.
Campers will engage in age appropriate activities throughout the camp day that include daily learning and focus on gross motor skills. This age group will enjoy an in-camp adventure day each week.
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Eastman runs for one week sessions from June 22 through August 28. We are open five days a week from 8:30am-4:00pm.
*There is no camp on Friday, July 3rd.
Camp Eastman Rates:
|Age||Family Members||Youth Members||Non-Members|
Please Note: $30 non-refundable deposit per week is due at registration
A 2020 camp registration form, most recent physical & immunization record, recent photo, and auto-draft form are mandatory for every camper before attending camp.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by May 31 and are assessed a first come, first serve basis. More information including application forms and payment plans are available at the YMCA Welcome Center.
Torigian Family YMCA Mission:
The Torigian Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Eastman Vision:
Camp Eastman intentionally fosters achievement, relationships and belonging through fun, safe and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Eastman Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all ages.
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Encourage campers to try new experiences.
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the community.
- Prevent summer learning loss with reading curriculum
Camp Eastman complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Peabody Board of Health.