Camp Adventure – Lynn
WELCOME TO CAMP ADVENTURE!
This Summer, Camp will be more important than ever for our children’s learning and social and emotional health. Camp Adventure at the Demakes Family YMCA is a new, seasonal day camp program for children ages seven to thirteen.
Camp Adventure is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill-building, self-confidence, and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork, leading to happy, healthy, confident kids. Join us. Adventure awaits!
A Typical Day
Camp Adventure is a new and innovative summer camp program that offers your child an opportunity to use all the Demakes Family YMCA Campus resources over six weeks. Geared towards youth ages 7-13, participants will swim daily in our new aquatic center, participate in fitness events in our fitness center, create in our tech lab and try their agility in our Adventure Zone. Children will engage in things like cooking, robotics, science experiments, and hands-on project-based learning experiences. This camp is an opportunity for your child to explore their likes and interests in a fun and safe environment. Space for Camp Adventure is limited. Sign up today so your child has a summer filled with wonderful adventures!
Camp Adventure Highlights:
|2022||Weekly Themes||Dress Up Days||Special Events|
|Sports Adventure||Dress Like Your Favorite Athlete||Camp World Series|
July 18-July 22
|Science Adventure||Come as Your Favorite Video Game||Volcanoes and Robots|
|Cooking Adventure Week||Dress Like a Chef||Iron Chef Kids Cook Off|
|Olympic Adventure||Dress in Team Colors||A World of Sports|
|Hollywood Adventure||Dress Like Your Favorite Celebrity||Talent Show|
|Super Hero Adventure Week||Dress as Your Favorite Super Hero||
Super Hero Obstacle Adventures
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Adventure runs for 6 one-week sessions from July 11 through August 19. We are open five days a week from 8:00am-4:00pm.
Camp Adventure Rates:
|Age||Family Members||Youth Members||Non-Members|
Please Note: $30 non-refundable deposit per week is due at registration
Sibling discount 15% off for second child
2022 camp registration information form, most recent physical & immunization record, recent photo, and auto-draft form are mandatory for every camper before attendance.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by May 31st and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can apply for financial assistance online.
Demakes Family YMCA Mission:
The Demakes Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Adventure Vision:
Camp Adventure intentionally fosters achievement, relationships, and belonging through fun, safe, and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Adventure Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Encourage campers to try new
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the
- Learning Loss prevention plans, reading blocks and reading challenges both in camps and association
Camp Adventure complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Lynn Board of Health.
Lynn YMCA Youth Drop-In Center
The Lynn YMCA Youth Center program is a drop-in center for youth members in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Please note, a kindergarten report card is required to enroll.
Youth Center Hours:
Mon- Fri: 8:30am-4:30pm
(Teens and Youth Center Members)
Drop-in Center Policy: As a drop-in center, your child can leave the program at any time and at times youth may move through the building without direct supervision. Youth must possess a minimum level of independence to be part of the program.
- We offer an affordable, safe and positive environment for youth while school is not in session.
- Your child will be involved in organized activities, clubs, games and craft projects.
- Youth are grouped according to grade level.
- Our staff goes through an intensive orientation period and background checks.
- Staff members are certified in First Aid & CPR.
- It is the parent/guardians responsibility to provide a wholesome snack. Please no soda or fast-food.
- There is the opportunity for recreational swim for all children. Please send a bathing suit, towel, and swim cap.
For more information, please contact Director of Branch Operations Amy Croce at 781-581-3105 or ACroce@metronorthymca.org.