Y Academy – Torigian
The Torigian Y Academy is committed to youth development. We believe every child and teen deserves the chance to reach his or her full potential. We offer licensed Early Leaning and Out-Of-School Time programs, summer day camp and other activities to give children of all ages a safe and nurturing place to learn, grow, and thrive. By focusing on the positive development of our local children, the Y is working to bring about lasting, meaningful change in our communities.
The Torigian Y Academy Early Learning Program for Preschoolers delivers high quality early education and care to support children’s development cognitively, socially, emotionally and physically. Our program provides each child a warm and supportive environment where they can confidently learn, grow, and thrive.
Our programs help to develop the whole child by implementing a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) based curriculum through a hands-on learning experience. Our team of professional teachers focuses on developing meaningful relationships with children and their families to foster age appropriate academic and social skills to succeed in school.
We offer 2,3 and 5 full and half day options to meet your family’s individual needs.
Preschool: Ages 2.9-5
Pre-K: Ages 4-6
Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 7:00am-6:00pm
Our program offers a well-rounded daily schedule full of activities that are customized to your child’s individual age, needs and progress. Daily activities include:
- Pre-k Science, Technology and Engineering activities, which provide a foundation for inquiry and learning through formal and informal learning.
- A primary educator/teacher approach focusing on smaller learning groups and specifically gearing plans to the developmental needs of the children in each group.
- Arts activities to inspire creativity and imagination!
- A curriculum which aligns with MA Early Childhood Program Standards!
- Nutritious snacks and plenty of physical activity in alignment with the YMCA Healthy Eating and Physical Activity HEPA (Healthy Eating, Physical Activity) standards.
- Events to help support and strengthen families and communities.
Beyond the Classroom Experience:
- Access to full gymnasium.
- Swim lessons provided year-round at the Torigian Family YMCA pool.
- Access to nature walks in a safe and secure environment on the Torigian Family YMCA property of 13 acres.
- KidReports communication system which allows our teachers to capture special moments, take photos and videos of your children in action and send daily classroom information via email.
- Financial Aid available
- All children receive a youth membership to the YMCA of Metro North!
For more information contact:
Director of Early Learning Program
As a leader in youth development, the Torigian Y Academy serves children ages 5-12 on a daily basis providing safe, quality and affordable Out-Of-School Time care. Our program is staffed with educators who understand the cognitive, physical, and social development of children; and we support them in making new connections and trying new things. While in the Out-of-School Time program, children learn how to be their best selves and to develop confidence in becoming the responsible and engaged adults of tomorrow.
Transportation is provided from:
- Center Elementary
- Carroll Elementary
- Welch Elementary
- South Memorial Elementary
- Brown Elementary
- Sisson Elementary
- Lynn Woods Elementary
- Shoemaker Elementary
While in our program children will participate in a variety of engaging activities:
- Homework & Academic Support by caring staff to complement their in school education.
- Plenty of physical activity in alignment with the YMCA’s HEPA (Healthy Eating, Physical Activity) standards.
- Enriching STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) activities.
- Personal choice time to encourage free play and individual interests.
Regular Hours: After School – 6:00pm daily
Extended-day and full-day programming is available 7:00am-6:00pm on school vacation weeks, snow days and professional days.
Half-day programming is available for early-release days from the end of a child’s school day until 6:00pm.
Please note: transportation is provided for extended-day programming, such as an early-release day, but is not provided for full days of care, such as a snow day or a vacation day.
Torigian Family YMCA Amenities:
- Full gymnasium
- Dance studio
- Indoor track
- Indoor pool
- Rock climbing wall
- Computer lab
- Play-field (weather permitting)
- Comfortable, quiet spaces for schoolwork and STEAM activities.
For more information contact: