Saugus Y Academy Out of School Time Program
The Y Academy Saugus is committed to youth development. We believe every child and teen deserves the chance to reach his or her full potential. We offer licensed Out-Of-School-Time programs, summer programs, drop-in programs and other activities to give children of all ages a safe and nurturing place to learn, grow, and thrive. By focusing on the positive development of our local children, the Y is working to bring about lasting, meaningful change in our communities.
As a leader in youth development, the Saugus Y Academy serves children ages 5-13 on a daily basis providing safe, quality and affordable Out-Of-School-Time care. Our program is staffed with educators who understand the cognitive, physical, and social development of children; and we support them in making new connections and trying new things. While in the Out-of-School-Time program, children learn how to be their best selves and to develop confidence in becoming the responsible and engaged adults of tomorrow.
While in our program children will participate in a variety of engaging activities:
- Access to full gymnasium
- Healthy snack provided to align with YMCA HEPA (Healthy Living Physical Activity Standards)!
- Dedicated time for STEAM activities, physical activity, and homework support every day.
- Full day programming on snow days to provide flexibility to families.
- Half day programming which uses the Gymnastics Center next door! (transportation provided from schools)
- Open snow days and school vacation weeks!
- Access to nature walks in a safe and secure environment on the Saugus Family YMCA property of 13 acres!
- Financial Aid available.
Students enrolled will receive transportation from the following schools to the YMCA:
- Veteran’s Memorial
- Belmonte Middle School
- Lynnhurst Schools
- Callahan Elementary
- Lincoln Thompson
Hours of Operation: After school – 6:00pm daily
Ages: Kindergarten-8th Grade