Lynn Y Academy Out of School Time
The Lynn Y Academy is committed to youth development. We believe every child and teen deserves the chance to reach his or her full potential. We offer licensed Early Leaning and Out-Of-School-Time programs, summer programs, drop-in programs and other activities to give children of all ages a safe and nurturing place to learn, grow, and thrive. By focusing on the positive development of our local children, the Y is working to bring about lasting, meaningful change in our communities.
As a leader in youth development, the Lynn YMCA serves children ages 5-13 on a daily basis providing safe, quality and affordable Out-Of-School Time care. Our program is staffed with educators who understand the cognitive, physical, and social development of children; and we support them in making new connections and trying new things. While in the Out-of-School Time program, children learn how to be their best selves and to develop confidence in becoming the responsible and engaged adults of tomorrow. Transportation is provided from local schools.
While in our program children will participate in a variety of engaging activities:
- Homework & Academic Support by caring staff to complement their in school education.
- Plenty of physical activity in alignment with the YMCA’s HEPA (Healthy Eating, Physical Activity) standards.
- Enriching STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) activities.
- Personal choice time to encourage free play and individual interests.
The Lynn YMCA Youth Center program is a drop-in center for youth members in 1st through 8th grade. Please note, a kindergarten report card is required to enroll.
Drop-in Center Policy: As a drop-in center, your child can leave the program at any time and at times youth may move through the building without direct supervision. Youth must possess a minimum level of independence to be part of the program.
- We offer an affordable, safe and positive environment for youth while school is not in session.
- Your child will be involved in organized activities, clubs, games and craft projects.
- Youth are grouped according to grade level.
- Our staff goes through an intensive orientation period and background checks.
- Staff members are certified in First Aid & CPR.
- It is the parent/guardians responsibility to provide a wholesome snack. Please no soda or fast-food.
- There is the opportunity for recreational swim for all children. Please send a bathing suit, towel, and swim cap.