About Camp Hillside
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Hillside (formerly Camp Sachem) at the Saugus Family YMCA is a day camp program for children ages four to fifteen. At Camp Hillside, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun activities in the great outdoors.
Camp Hillside is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill-building, self-confidence, and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids.
Join us, adventure awaits!
A Typical Day
Each day, parents or guardians will say their goodbyes to their campers at their designated drop-off location where a pre-screening will be conducted. Staff will escort campers from their cars to their home base to meet their counselors and other campers. The day begins with small group assemblies – spirited meetings to get campers excited for their day ahead. Campers move on to other activities from swimming, field games, arts and crafts, nature and adventure, and more! Each camp day ends with a ceremony for announcements, awards, and other special activities before campers are escorted back to their cars for pick-up. Each week has a social responsibility theme where campers explore the theme with different games, projects, and hands-on activities that enhances their learning experience.
Camp Hillside Highlights:
- Conquer challenges and experience a variety of guided outdoor activities including low ropes and other courses to gain skills and balance.
- Play outside with plenty of outdoor play space including a playground, basketball court, and gaga pit.
- Swim and splash at the outdoor pool center with splash pad, playground, and picnic areas.
- Stimulate your imagination with educational STEAM activities at our indoor alternative facilities including a full court gymnasium, fitness studio, and classrooms.
- Grow your dreams by participating in our community garden project from planting, to maintenance, and to healthy food and environmental sustainability explorations.
- A transitional program for our youngest campers to gain all the benefits that Camp Hillside has to offer with modifications for this age group.
- Campers arrive in a relaxed environment with their peers where they will have a morning meeting to meet and prepare for the day.
- Campers participate in similar Camp Hillside activities such as low ropes, nature hikes, team building activities, and service-learning themes but in an age-appropriate environment.
Each Camper receives a weekly newsletter with important information and announcements from our dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and extensive health and safety training.
Camp Dates & Hours:
Camp Hillside runs for one week sessions from June 21 through September 2. We are open five days a week from 8:00am-4:00pm.
*There is no camp on Monday, June 20th and Monday, July 4th.
Camp Hillside Rates:
|Ages||Family Members||Youth Members||Non-Members|
|Young Explorers (ages 4-5)||$275||$300||$350|
$30 non-refundable deposit per week is due at registration.
Sibling discount: 15% off for each additional child in the same household.
Please join us at one of our information sessions to learn more about Camp Hillside, meet our administration, and ask questions.
February 19th from 10:00am – 12:00pm
April 30th from 12:30pm – 2:00pm
For more information please submit a camp inquiry request online.
All forms and documentation are due at the time of registration. A 2022 camp information form, most recent physical & immunization record, recent photo, and auto-draft form are mandatory for every camper.
Financial aid is available through the YMCA’s ACCESS program. All financial aid applications are due by May 31st and are on a first-come, first-serve basis. You can apply for financial assistance online.
|Camp Week||Dates||Weekly Theme||Social Responsibility||Dress Up Day
|Week 1||June 21-June 24||Welcome Week||Working Together||Core Value Colors||Double Dare Games|
|Week 2||June 27-July 1||Party in the USA||Caring for the Environment||Best USA Attire||Camp Hillside's Got Talent!|
|Week 3||July 5-July 8||Game Show Frenzy||Respecting our Differences||Dress like a Game Show Host||Game Show Competition|
|Week 4||July 11-July 15||Science/Space||Disability Awareness||Best Einstein or Astronaut Costume||Puzzles and Science Fair|
|Week 5||July 18-July 22||Olympics Week||Hunger Awareness||Wear Your Country's Colors||Olympic Events|
|Week 6||July 25-July 29||Color Wars||Random Acts of Kindness||Red or Yellow||Color War Games|
|Week 7||August 1-August 5||Animal Mania||Endangered Species||Dress as your Favorite Animal||Backyard Games|
|Week 8||August 8-August 12||Carnival Week||Healthy Living||Clowns and Carnival Acts||Scavenger/Treasure Hunt|
|Week 9||August 15-August 19||Hollywood Week||Cultural Awareness||Dress as your Favorite Movie Character||Skits|
|Week 10||August 22-August 26||Superhero Week||Everyday Heroes||Dress as your Favorite Super Hero||Super Hero Tag|
|Week 11||August 29-Sept. 2||End of Summer Fun Week||Friendship||Dress in your School's Colors||Luau|
*There is no camp on Monday, June 20th and Monday, July 5th.
Saugus Family YMCA Mission:
The Saugus Family YMCA builds strong kids, strong families, and strong communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Camp Hillside Vision:
Camp Hillside intentionally fosters achievement, relationships, and belonging through fun, safe and enriching experiences at day camp. We help children build skills, develop strong friendships and feel like they are part of something great.
Camp Hillside Goals:
- Deliver a summer full of rewarding experiences to campers of all ages.
- Ignite a passion for physical activity and appreciation for the great outdoors.
- Encourage campers to try new experiences.
- Give campers the opportunity to belong in a safe and supportive environment.
- Inspire socially responsible campers ready to give back to the community.
- Prevent summer learning loss with reading curriculum.
Camp Hillside complies with all regulations of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and is licensed by the Saugus Board of Health.