About Camp Hillside
WELCOME TO CAMP!
Camp Hillside at the Saugus Family YMCA is a day camp program for children ages four to fifteen. At Camp Hillside, children will make new friends, discover new passions, explore creativity and develop skills through a wide range of fun activities in the great outdoors.
Camp Hillside is so much more than a typical day camp. It is a place for values, learning, skill-building, self-confidence, and fulfilling dreams. Our program encourages independence and teamwork leading to happy, healthy, confident kids.
Join us, adventure awaits!
A Typical Day
Each day, parents or guardians will say their goodbyes to their campers at their designated drop-off location where a pre-screening will be conducted. Staff will escort campers from their cars to their home base to meet their counselors and other campers. The day begins with small group assemblies – spirited meetings to get campers excited for their day ahead. Campers move on to other activities from swimming, field games, arts and crafts, nature and adventure, and more! Each camp day ends with a ceremony for announcements, awards, and other special activities before campers are escorted back to their cars for pick-up. Each week has a social responsibility theme where campers explore the theme with different games, projects, and hands-on activities that enhances their learning experience.
Camp Hillside Highlights:
- Conquer challenges and experience a variety of guided outdoor activities including low ropes and other courses to gain skills and balance.
- Play outside with plenty of outdoor play space including a playground, basketball court, and gaga pit.
- Swim and splash at the outdoor pool center with splash pad, playground, and picnic areas.
- Stimulate your imagination with educational STEAM activities at our indoor alternative facilities including a full court gymnasium, fitness studio, and classrooms.
- Grow your dreams by participating in our community garden project from planting, to maintenance, and to healthy food and environmental sustainability explorations.
- A transitional program for our youngest campers to gain all the benefits that Camp Hillside has to offer with modifications for this age group.
- Campers arrive in a relaxed environment with their peers where they will have a morning meeting to meet and prepare for the day.
- Campers participate in similar Camp Hillside activities such as low ropes, nature hikes, team building activities, and service-learning themes but in an age-appropriate environment.
Each Camper receives a weekly newsletter with important information and announcements from our dedicated staff team with years of camp experience and extensive health and safety training.