LiveSTRONG at the YMCA
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a wellness program designed to help adult cancer survivors reclaim their health and well-being following a cancer diagnosis. Our Torigian and Saugus Family YMCA’s create a welcoming community in which survivors can improve their strength and physical fitness, diminish the severity of therapy side effects, develop supportive relationships, and improve their quality of life.
New session starting January 15th in Saugus and Peabody!
- 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week
- Sessions are hosted in small group, supportive environments and facilitated by YMCA certified instructors
- Each session includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance and flexibility exercises
- Pre and post participation evaluations to include functional and quality of life assessments
Any adult 18 years old or older who is living with or beyond cancer treatment.
- The LIVESTRONG Foundation has been partnered with YMCA’s nationwide since 2007
- More than 47,007 cancer survivors enrolled
- More than 3,642 staff certified as instructors
- Offered by 478 Y associations in more than 600 communities in 39 states
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA has been proven to:
- Help survivors meet or exceed the recommended amount of physical activity
- Help survivors significantly increase their cardiovascular endurance
- Improve cancer survivors’ overall quality of life and decrease their cancer-related fatigue
- High levels of satisfaction
- Strong connections with other group members
- Plans to continue exercise after the program
Read more about Trish’s story.
For more information or to enroll in the LIVESTRONG program contact:
Torigian Family YMCA: Chris Tognazzi at email@example.com, 978-977-9622
Saugus Family YMCA: Chris Tognazzi at firstname.lastname@example.org, 781-233-9622
Melrose Family YMCA: Bernadette Farrell at email@example.com, 781-665-4360