LiveSTRONG at the YMCA
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA is a wellness program designed to help adult cancer survivors reclaim their health and well-being following a cancer diagnosis. Our Torigian and Saugus Family YMCA’s create a welcoming community in which survivors can improve their strength and physical fitness, diminish the severity of therapy side effects, develop supportive relationships, and improve their quality of life.
- 12-week program with two 90-minute sessions per week
- Sessions are hosted in small group, supportive environments and facilitated by YMCA certified instructors
- Each session includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance and flexibility exercises
- Pre and post participation evaluations to include functional and quality of life assessments
Any adult 18 years old or older who is living with or beyond cancer treatment.
- The LIVESTRONG Foundation has been partnered with YMCA’s nationwide since 2007
- More than 47,007 cancer survivors enrolled
- More than 3,642 staff certified as instructors
- Offered by 478 Y associations in more than 600 communities in 39 states
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA has been proven to:
- Help survivors meet or exceed the recommended amount of physical activity
- Help survivors significantly increase their cardiovascular endurance
- Improve cancer survivors’ overall quality of life and decrease their cancer-related fatigue
- High levels of satisfaction
- Strong connections with other group members
- Plans to continue exercise after the program
Read more about Trish’s story.
For more information or to enroll in the LIVESTRONG program contact:
Torigian Family YMCA: Chris Tognazzi at firstname.lastname@example.org, 978-977-9622
Saugus Family YMCA: Chris Tognazzi at email@example.com, 781-233-9622
Melrose Family YMCA: Bernadette Farrell at firstname.lastname@example.org, 781-665-4360