Melrose Y Academy Programs
Our programs help to develop the whole child by implementing a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) based curriculum through a hands-on learning experience. Our team of professional teachers focuses on developing meaningful relationships with children and their families to foster age appropriate academic and social skills to succeed in school.
The Y Academy Melrose offers a safe, stable and nurturing environment to children 6 weeks to 7 years old. Our infant, toddler, transitional preschool, preschool, and pre-kindergarten Early Learning programs are fully licensed by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Department of Early Education and have received NAEYC accreditation. We serve the communities of Melrose, Stoneham, Saugus, Revere, Lynn, Nahant, Peabody, and Lynnfield.
We embrace a family-centered philosophy encouraging family interaction and regular visits with teachers to discuss your child’s development. Children are assigned a Primary Caregiver Teacher who works directly with the child each day providing personal and individualized attention. Small class sizes and low ratios allow each child to be seen as a special individual. Our teachers hold a degree in Early Childhood Education, a related field or are currently working toward a degree. Our staff is also encouraged to further their professional growth through continuing education programs.
- KidReports communication system which allows our teachers to capture special moments, take photos and videos of your children in action and send you daily classroom information via email.
- Nutritious snacks and meals and plenty of physical activity in alignment with national YMCA Healthy Eating and Physical Activity (HEPA) standards.
- Specialized enrichment programs including yoga, swimming and sports at the Melrose Family YMCA
- Science Lab offering S.T.E.A.M curriculum for all ages
- Music offered to all age groups weekly by an instructor with a Master’s Degree in Music Therapy
- Peanut and nut free environment
- Age appropriate playgrounds and equipment
- YMCA Youth Membership to the YMCA of Metro North included with enrollment!
- Conveniently located near the Oak Grove MBTA Station
- Financial Aid available
Beyond the classroom experience:
- Family nights allow families a time and a place to come together to have a good time, participate in a variety of fun activities, share, communicate and strengthen their relationships, and meet other families.
- Kids Night Out at the YMCA is your chance to enjoy your own time. We offer an affordable and fun Saturday night childcare option for your child every other month. Your child will play games and sports, and exercise their creativity with arts and crafts. The Y will provide your child with a pizza dinner, snacks, and drinks.
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
(6 weeks – 15 months)
Infants thrive in a safe, nurturing environment surrounded by experienced care givers. Your child will receive individual and customized attention in a warm and stimulating atmosphere to help create a smooth first time away experience for both of you.
(15 months – 2.9 years)
Our nurturing, personal toddler care is led by experienced staff and promotes social and cognitive development in a safe and age-appropriate environment. Your child will learn important learning skills through play that will build confidence and form a strong foundation for the years ahead.
(2.9 years – 5 years)
Our preschool program will help your young child learn essential social, physical, and intellectual building blocks for future academic success. A typical day include independent, small group and large group activities, structured and free choice time as well as plenty of physical activity to develop healthy living habits at an early age.